Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Night Prayer"

I was inspired by a gorgeous sunset we had the other day, followed by a crystal clear starlit night, to write this poem.  I thought I'd share it with you.

"Night Prayer"

I sit and watch the wheat fields roam
Up to the opal sky,
While clouds drift ever, ever on;
Their souls the sun ignite.

The day draws to a fiery close,
And night gathers gently in,
As one by one, the stars appear
And in the vastness spin.

The prairie wind dies slowly down
With a whisper and a sigh.
The silence of th'unbroken sound
Of stillness gath'ring nigh.

It is then the Lord speaks to my heart;
I feel His Presence there.
He banishes all the daytime woes
And leaves me without a care.

Oh, God of sunset, cloud, and flame,
Of peace and silence, too,
Abide here in this heart of mine;
This weary soul renew!

No comments:

Post a Comment