Monday, April 8, 2013

Philippians 4:8

After sitting on my last post for a few days, and lifting it up in prayer, I decided to remove it. While it was from the heart, it was also from mostly a need to vent, and didn't leave me with the feeling of hope that I wanted to be left with.

Further, one of my favorite verses from the Bible keeps coming to mind, and I have often applied it closely to my life. "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." (Phillipians 4:8) And then St. Paul continues, "The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." (Phillipians 4:9; emphasis my own) I think the one thing someone in any difficult time of life needs the most is peace - God's peace.

Applying the above verses to the way I felt in the last post (which, if you didn't catch it before I removed it, was about anger at people's justification and use of abortion and contraception in light of those of us cannot have children), I've realized that the best attitude towards the sin of others that directly affects me is one of surrendering the feelings and hurt to God and refocusing on the good. What good? Any good at all: the loveliness of my little daughters' hair and skin and eyes, the way my husband looks at me when I know I've dressed just right, the porch-side view of the Kansas prairie at sunset (a sight worth seeing!), the joy of the new goddaughter who's already stolen my heart, the comfort of my brother's familiar presence upstairs (he's our new farm intern this year). And, guess what...I smiled at every item I just listed. :o)

On another note, I am gearing myself up to call my doctor about getting a referral to an OBGYN, soon. Please pray for me to have the courage, and that I can be referred to the OB of my own choice, even if I have to pay everything out of pocket. Thank you for reading!

God's Peace be with you.


One of our lovely winter sunsets in 2012


My beautiful, sweet girls getting ready to play in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment